NOVEMBER 17TH: THE FINE ART OF NOT LEAVING YOUR APARTMENT ALL DAY, NOT EVEN ONCE.
As the owner of a small design studio (ie. just me) who works from a small studio apartment, I have had the time over the past year to perfect the very Fine Art of Not Leaving Your Apartment All Day, Not Even Once.
Allow me to divulge the simple steps that I follow to create such a day.
1. First off, live in a very pleasant studio apartment that you enjoy being in that is also your office (for more advice on this topic read my blog post Love the Place You Live).
2. You may be used to getting ready all in one go, but for this type of day it’s best to draw it out. Check your email – brush your teeth; take a break from a project – walk over to your closet and find a shirt; finish the project – put on chosen shirt; make a phone call – put on socks, etc.
3. Tell yourself that you will leave your apartment once you’ve finished all of your projects (sure-fire way to not leave said apartment all day).
4. Buy an espresso maker and coffee grinder. Seriously. The number one place I go when I have no real reason to leave my office is to the café around the corner from my building. Now that I have my own delicious espresso… well. I mean, I still go to the café most days (I love cafés) but not every single day.
5. Have a boyfriend who brings you a latte after they’ve been outside, therefore giving the illusion of having left your apartment and having communicated with the outside world.